Killeen, Texas Economy
Killeen is a city in Bell County, Texas. Known for housing Fort Hood, one of the largest military bases in the US, Killeen’s growth of the economy depends on the military community who lives and thrives there.
Killeen, Texas Arts & Culture
Vive Les Arts Theatre is a community theater and arts group that produces several main stage and children’s theatre shows every year. Established since 1976, they provide live performances for adults and families. The main goal of the organization is to enrich the community with cultural arts.
Killeen, Texas Outdoors
The City of Killeen hosts regional and national tournaments via different types of venues for recreation with the aide of their Parks and Recreation program. Among the city’s centers are the Family Recreation Center and Aquatics Center at Lions Club Park, the Tommie Harris Fitness Center., athletics fields, the Community Center, a multi-purpose facility with gym, meeting rooms and outdoors event areas.
Killeen, Texas Statistics
The city’s population was 127,921 in 2010 making it the 21st most populous city in Texas. It is the “principal city” of the Killeen–Temple–Fort Hood Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Noteworthy Killeen, Texas People
- Elvis Presley – The king was stationed at Fort Hood and lived in Killeen for a short time.
- Tommie Harris – NFL player
- Jennifer Love Hewitt lived in Killeen at one time.
- Burt Reynolds – Famous actor lived in Killeen at one time.
- Jackie Robinson- Famous baseball player and lived in Killeen for his military time.